Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Airplanes Oh My!


Our Friday activities started with a trip to the Kalamazoo Air Zoo. The boys were excited to see the airplanes and believe it or not this was also my first time visiting. We walked around (Henry ran) looking at all of the aircraft and I was snapping pics of the planes I thought looked "cool', I have no idea their names etc so I am hoping no one is looking for specifics...


Like I said, the boys were running from exhibit to exhibit...wondering why we were so slow....

Quick pose by the helicopter...

More their size...

Women's Air Force Patch

Well it is official...

Clovis is on the map...

There was a kids' area where the boys were able to ride in space shuttles, airplanes, and helicopters...just their size. Charlie was enjoying himself until Daddy turned each ride on...he just didn't want them to actually move. 



Checking out the planets.

Naming them..."ball" "ball"

Henry is now in love with the camera and will pose for a quick pic whenever asked...usually all smiles but sometimes all smirks...

Pretty cool suit...

Checking out the engine.

Just playing it cool, looking at all of the planes.

Unlike Henry, Charlie has become "camera shy" or just ornery about it...when asked to turn and looked at Momma, this is what I get.

But then when I am lucky, I can get a few of these smiles...


Who's upside down?

Peeking through the aircraft window!!

"MAAAAAAAAAAA"

Being Silly...

The air zoo has a few rides and Henry was very excited to ride on the bi-planes. He was tall enough to ride on his own but wasn't too sure so he picked Uncle Chris to ride with him. We purchased tickets and Henry picked his airplane but wouldn't get in...the lady running the ride was nice enough to show him how it worked but once she showed him that you could make the planes go up and down he became even more unsure.

Daddy and Charlie decided to ride too, making it easier for Henry to climb aboard...but he still had Uncle Chris ride in front with him...

Daddy pulled the lever to fly high right away but Henry would not have it...round and round they went, each time Gpa and Momma trying to convince Henry to "go up" or for Uncle Chris to "just do it"...

Finally, up they went...and Henry was glad he did...

We all had a great time but had to head home in order to get ready for our picture taking session!!

No comments:

Post a Comment